How to Make Perfectly Flaky Pie Crust
Creating the perfect flaky pie crust is an art that transforms a good pie into a masterpiece. The delicate layers, the golden-brown color, and that satisfying crunch as you cut into it—it’s the foundation of any exceptional pie.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6-8 tablespoons ice water
- Mix the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the chilled, cubed butter and cut it into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough in half, shape into discs, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled dough, fit it into your pie dish, and trim the edges.
- Pre-bake if required, and voilà—your perfect flaky pie crust is ready for your favorite filling!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Chill Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 pie crusts
Delight your senses with this foolproof recipe for the flakiest, most delicious pie crust you’ve ever tasted. Perfect for sweet or savory pies, this crust will elevate your baking game to new heights.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 180 | Total Fat – 12g | Cholesterol – 30mg | Sodium – 180mg | Total Carbohydrates – 15g | Protein – 2g
Concluding our journey into the world of pie crust perfection, remember that the key lies not just in the ingredients and steps but in the patience and love you infuse into your baking. Let your creativity run wild with various fillings, and may every slice bring joy to your taste buds. Happy baking!