Homemade Strawberry Jam
Imagine a sunny morning, the kitchen filled with the sweet aroma of ripe strawberries wafting through the air. That’s the kind of magic you’ll experience when you make your own Homemade Strawberry Jam. This delightful recipe is not just about making jam; it’s about capturing the essence of summer in a jar.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Gently wash and hull the strawberries, then cut them into halves.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar. Let them macerate for about an hour.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a pot, add lemon juice, and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Continue cooking until the jam reaches the desired consistency, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let it cool before transferring to sterilized jars.
Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 3 cups of delicious Homemade Strawberry Jam
This Homemade Strawberry Jam recipe is a labor of love that results in the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. Spread it on warm toast, dollop it on pancakes, or swirl it into yogurt for a taste of pure bliss.
Nutritional information (per tablespoon): Calories: 50 | Total Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Total Carbohydrates: 13g | Sugars: 12g | Protein: 0g
Imagine a pantry filled with jars of vibrant red goodness, each spoonful telling a story of summer preserved. Share the love by gifting a jar to a friend or savor the joy by making it a staple in your morning routine. Homemade Strawberry Jam isn’t just a condiment; it’s a taste of nostalgia, a jar of memories, and a journey back to the simple pleasures of life.