Golden Cornbread: Southern Style
Picture this – a cozy Southern kitchen, the air filled with the warm aroma of freshly baked Golden Cornbread. This classic recipe, passed down through generations, captures the essence of Southern comfort and hospitality.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and grease a cast-iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and honey.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
This Golden Cornbread is a delightful blend of sweetness and savory goodness, perfect for accompanying hearty Southern meals or enjoying on its own.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 240, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 4g
Concluding our culinary journey, this Southern-style cornbread isn’t just a recipe; it’s a slice of Southern heritage on your plate. Share it with loved ones, and let the golden warmth of tradition fill your home.