Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry is a delightful Asian-inspired dish that brings together tender strips of beef and crisp broccoli florets in a savory sauce. This timeless recipe has been a favorite in households for generations, and it’s easy to see why.
- 1 pound of flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Start by preparing the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, beef broth, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes if you want a little heat. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the vegetable oil and sesame oil.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the thinly sliced flank steak to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it’s browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the broccoli florets and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they turn bright green and slightly tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet and pour the prepared sauce over the beef and broccoli.
- Stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the beef and broccoli evenly.
- Serve your Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry hot over steamed rice and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry is a timeless Asian dish that combines tender beef, crisp broccoli, and a savory sauce for a quick and delicious meal.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 320
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry is a comforting dish that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners or special occasions. The tender beef and vibrant broccoli, coated in a flavorful sauce, make it a crowd-pleaser. This recipe’s simplicity and deliciousness have made it a classic in many homes. Give it a try and savor the wonderful flavors of this beloved stir-fry.