Caramelized Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Caramelized Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a delightful combination of crispy roasted Brussels sprouts with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze. This recipe elevates a humble vegetable to a whole new level, making it a perfect side dish for any meal. The caramelization process enhances the natural flavors of Brussels sprouts, while the balsamic glaze adds a burst of flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 pound of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and caramelized, stirring once halfway through.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, prepare the balsamic glaze. In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar and minced garlic over low heat. Simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Caramelized Balsamic Brussels Sprouts!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Information: Calories: 120, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 3g
Caramelized Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a versatile side dish that pairs well with a variety of main courses. Whether you’re serving them with roast chicken, grilled steak, or as a vegetarian option, these sprouts will steal the show. The balance of sweetness and acidity in the balsamic glaze complements the earthy Brussels sprouts perfectly, making this dish a family favorite. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to prepare, making it a go-to recipe for busy weeknight dinners or special occasions. Try these Caramelized Balsamic Brussels Sprouts once, and they’ll become a regular addition to your menu!