Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the crispy perfection of Buttermilk Fried Chicken. The golden-brown crust, the juicy tenderness within—each bite is a symphony of flavors that transports you to a southern kitchen filled with warmth and tradition.
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Marinate the chicken pieces in buttermilk for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, mix flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skillet to 350°F (175°C).
- Dredge the marinated chicken in the flour mixture, ensuring even coating.
- Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy the crispy goodness!
Prep Time: 4 hours | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Indulge in the irresistible delight of Buttermilk Fried Chicken—crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 450, Fat: 25g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 28g
Concluding this culinary journey, Buttermilk Fried Chicken is more than just a dish; it’s a tradition that brings people together. The crackling sound as you bite into the crispy crust, followed by the succulent tenderness of the chicken, creates a sensory experience that’s hard to match. Whether it’s a family dinner or a gathering with friends, this recipe adds a touch of Southern charm to any occasion. So, gather your loved ones, savor the flavors, and create memories that will linger long after the last piece is devoured.