Baked Mac and Cheese: Comfort Food
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing quite like a piping hot dish of Baked Mac and Cheese. This classic recipe has been a favorite for generations, and for a good reason. Creamy, cheesy, and utterly indulgent, it’s the ultimate comfort food that brings back cherished memories of home-cooked meals. Whether you’re making it for a family dinner or a potluck, Baked Mac and Cheese is a crowd-pleaser that never goes out of style.
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper to make a roux.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Add 3 cups of cheddar cheese and stir until melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Combine the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbling.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving, and enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Indulge in the creamy goodness of Baked Mac and Cheese, a timeless comfort food that warms the heart.
Nutritional information: (Per serving) Calories: 450, Total Fat: 20g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 500mg, Total Carbohydrates: 48g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 20g
When you take your first bite of this Baked Mac and Cheese, you’ll be transported back to simpler times, when the aroma of a home-cooked meal filled the air. Its rich, creamy texture and cheesy goodness make it a classic that never goes out of style. Whether you’re sharing it with loved ones or savoring it on your own, Baked Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food that never fails to bring a smile to your face.